Summit Sealants has had the honor to work on many iconic structures over the years. Some of these structures consist of Cathedrals, Mausoleums, Historic City Blocks, and Train Depot’s. Repairs to these structures have consisted of tuckpointing, stone carving, terra cotta repairs and many others. As a preferred contractor of the State Historic Society (Colorado), Summit attracts the most skilled individuals to make repairs to these iconic structures. Summit is proud to be a part of the historic structures that were the marvels of the past generations. Repairing these structures is an honor and a privilege. Summit Sealants takes every action to make sure that every detail is acknowledged for many generations to come. Some of the repairs offered by Summit Sealants consist of:
- Masonry repairs is a broad term for the true nature of what Summit Sealants performs in house. Removal and replacement of existing historic brick is a common repair. Special care is taken to make sure that the brick and mortar is matched as closely as possible.
- As a certified installer of Jahn Repair Mortars, Summit Sealants can perform repairs and or replace Terra Cotta features on any structure.
Terracotta, terra cotta or terra-cotta, a type of earthenware, is a clay-based ceramic, where the fired body is porous. In construction, terra cotta is used in water and waste water pipes, roofing tiles, bricks, and surface embellishment. -Wikipedia
- Natural stone stabilization and replacement is one of the many repairs that Summit Sealants offers to commercial and multi family residential structures. Repair consists of the pinning of existing stone due to rust jacking anchors or failed substrate.
- Tuckpointing is the number one repair that Summit Sealants performs on a normal basis. When tuckpointing, Summit craftsman take special care to have a mortar analysis performed enduring the proper mix design on the mortar.
Tuckpointing is a way of using two contrasting colours of mortar in the mortar joints of brickwork, one colour matching the bricks themselves, to give an artificial impression that very fine joints have been made. -Wikipedia
- Masonry cleaning is a commonly overlooked necessary process to ensure the atmospheric staining and harmful carbons are removed from the structure. Summit Sealants specializes in the use of these cleaners and ensure complete collection of the water to meet EPA regulations.
Repairs consist of :
- Masonry Repairs
- Natural stone repairs IE Marble, Limestone, Granit, and Sandstone
- Masonry Cleaning
- Lead Joint Instalaltion
- Copper Flashings
- Paint Stripper
- Lightning Protection
- Stone Carving
- Terra Cotta Repairs